1. CEN-CENELEC Workshop Agreements (CWA) on XBRL. No news.
2. EBA news. None.
3. EIOPA news. See new EIOPA taxonomy and documents, January version, at https://eiopa.europa.eu/publications/eu-wide-reporting-formats/index.html
4. Events. Rome confirmed as city for the next XBRL week.
Large Instance Processing (LIP).
Background document (XII):
Questions for contribution to the XII BPB:
- What problem(s) are we trying to resolve? Why is it a problem to regulators and or filers? Problems with assertions (performance). Mainly for regulators, but also for reporting entities (stopwatch at maximum instance size).
- What needs to happen to resolve the problem and when? EBA Summer 2014. EIOPA 2015.
- Where can we get ideas, expertise, advice, test data?
- From BPB and task forces – we have already co-authored work with XSB (?)
- From other groups in XII consortium (?)
- From other stakeholders? EBA collaborative test environment. Anonymized test cases didn’t work until now, even when the first proposals dated back 2005. (Eric) As the test cases data are confidential, not to be disclosed by supervisors to third parties, other option is just the opposite. Supervisors would implement test beds at their own premises, and then run software from vendors with real cases, in an anonymous mode. Results will also be also confidential. To be explored in next Eurofiling opportunities. (Katrin) Happy with the proposal of testing in supervisory test beds. Locally detected issues with servers of 32 bits bandwidth.
- What work has already been done on LIP? – case studies, papers, reports etc. that we can reference. (?)
- What are stakeholders currently doing to move the issue forward? –e.g. Bank of Indonesia case, software vendors activities. Eurofiling Banking Supervisors
(TO BE CONTINUED…)
Eric Jarry (Bank of France, FR)
Haizhen Chen (Bank of France, FR)
Hugh Wallis (IBM, CA)
Ignacio Boixo (Eurofiling coordinator)
Joel Vicente (CoreFiling, UK)
Katrin Heinze (Eurofiling coordinator)
Masatomo Goto (Fujitsu, UK)
Pablo Navarro (Atos, ES)
Timo Philipp (Cundus DE)
Wladyslaw Krawiec (IFRS)
Andreas Weller (EBA)
Anne Bini (Invoke, FR)
Eduardo Gonzalez (Gonblan, ES)
Ignacio Santos (Bank of Spain, ES)